Friday, April 11, 2008

Extractos de un mail de la vida cotidiana

(...)
This past week has been hectic.. so much work.. I have to give the grad student seminar talk next Friday. You are invited of course, as always. I would offer having lunch afterwards, but I am leaving for NY early (4.00pm, it was far cheaper). Maybe we can get together the week after and have lunch with the guys (D. & D.).

The talk is gonna be different than the last ones, so I have to start from scratch and I am having a hard time putting everything together in a coherent fashion. I will be going to school tomorrow to finish it.. :-( And even worse, the week after I am presenting in JC* a really long and theoretical paper that I haven't even started to read. And I am supposed to meet with N. to discuss about it on Tuesday..

The *awesome* news is that I didn't sign up for JC next semester!!! C. said that if my advisor was fine with it, I could just not do it. So, I just didn't! That gives me the choice of skipping it when the papers suck.

AND, in a month I have my first TAC^ meeting, which sounds scary. I have to write a progress report. Good thing is that it cannot be longer than five pages (excluding figures & references). It is doable but somehow I am not in the mood for sitting down and write right now.

So that's the news... D. will be moving to Boston in mid-July. They already found an apartment. And in June we are getting a new postdoc. He's really smart and resourceful, but he struck me a little bit on the arrogant side.. so we'll see.

Now I'll continue with my pre-P., Friday cleaning.

See you.


*JC=Journal Club
^TAC=Thesis Advisory Committee

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home